Yann Palmore, Chief Sustainability Officer and Building Intelligence Practice Leader at Pristine Environments, will present at the AIA Convention 2016, May 19-21 in Philadelphia, PA at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. As Director of Operations for J.Craig Venter Institute, a leading genomics research institute. Yann planned their new facility in La Jolla, and has overseen the project as Construction Manager and Owner’s Representative. This new LEED Platinum laboratory will be the world’s first Zero Net Energy laboratory.
About the Session
TH414 - Unpacking the World's Greenest Lab: Performance vs. Predictions
What does the world's greenest lab look like? This eco-focused session will feature a virtual tour of the Venter Institute, which was built in 2013 as a fully carbon-neutral facility. Panelists will compare the original design goals to its actual performance.
Key topics include:
- A full carbon study, including embodied carbon associated with construction materials and operational carbon associated with water and energy use
- Projected and actual costs, including design, operations, and construction
- Energy- and water-use predictions and practices
You'll come away with a greater knowledge of how to manage the cost and measure the performance of sustainable structures.
Additional Presenters for this session are:
- Lisa Matthiessen, Managing Principal at Integral Group, Los Angeles, California, United States
- John McDonald, Principal at Integral Group, Oakland, California, United States
The session will take place on Thursday, May 19 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Learn more about the session on the AIA convention website.